Find a Cool Place to Camp With Hipcamp
I was doing a little research on places to camp around the bay area and stumbled onto a great website for both tent camping and glamping (“glamorous camping”). It’s like the Airbnb for camping, and there are lots of options in the bay area. Sure, you’ll pay more for spot then you would camping on the side of Mt. Diablo, or in Point Reyes, but how often can you sleep in an old military bunker overlooking the Napa River? Or how about a 10 acre organic farm in the Marin Headlands?
There are over 100 spots in the bay area. Here are some fun highlights I found while looking around:
- Garden By the Sea (Bodega): A Great spot for tent surf camping.
- Treehouse Magic Grove (Petaluma): A nice retreat, 6 minutes from downtown.
- Wild Tender Tipi Ocean View (Pescadero): Tipi Camping along the “Slow coast” what could be better? It’s also an animal sanctuary!
- Writers Cabin on Lore Mountain (Hidden Valley Lake): A tucked back, modern looking cabin in the woods, near trails for hiking.
- Geodesic Dome – (West Sebastopol): Get weird in West County!
Awesome stuff. I think next time I’m looking to travel, or camp, I’ll look for a spot here as I do with other places. Would be nice to sleep in a geodesic dome.